Rich fudgey brownie and beautiful baked cheescake= the ULTIMATE combination!!!!!
Perfect for an afternoon tea treat or serve with vanilla ice-cream for an outstanding desert.
For the brownie:
- 200g plain chocolate
- 200g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 3 eggs
- 125g plain flour
For the cream cheese:
- 400g cream cheese e.g Philidephia light
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- First make the cream cheese mixture by beating together all the ingredients until creamy.
- Next make the brownie mixture by first mixing the sugar and eggs together
- In a separate bowl melt the chocolate and butter over a pan of simmering water. (Do not let the base of the bowl touch the water)
- Once the melted chocolate and butter has cooled slightly add this to the sugar and eggs. Then sieve in the flour and fold into the mixture.
- Grease a 20cm x 30 cm baking tin/silicone mould. Pour in 3/4 of the chocolate mixture and level. Then spoon over the cheese cream mixture followed by the remaining chocolate mixture.
- Using a skewer or tip of a knife marble the top of the mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes