Malteser Brownies

Maltesers why are you SO good! I love baking with these malt chocolate balls of amazingness, and in brownies they are simply exceptional. It will make you wonder why on earth you haven’t tried it before. These brownies are super gooey in the middle, fudgy on the outside and packed with surprising crunchy bites of malt surrounded by the melted milk chocolate from the Maltesers.
Seriously, what is there not to love?

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC
SONY DSC
SONY DSC
SONY DSC

Ingredients (makes 9 large/ 12 small brownies)

150g unsalted butter, at room temperature
170g 70% dark chocolate
225g caster sugar
2 eggs, at room temperature
150g self-raising flour
150g Maltesers

Method

Preheat the oven to 180°C. Lightly grease and base line a 23x23cm square tin with baking paper.

Gently melt the butter and chocolate in a glass bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Once melted, remove from the heat and leave on to cool.

In a separate bowl whisk together the sugar and eggs until frothy. Pour in the melted chocolate and the flour and fold together until you  have a thick chocolate mixture. Now fold in the Maltesers and pour the mixture into the prepared tin, smoothing it out with a knife.

Bake in the centre of the oven for 17-20 minutes or until the edges are starting to crack and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out almost clean. Cool completely, before cutting and serving. I love these brownies warmed up in the microwave with a dollop of vanilla ice-cream…. absolute heaven!

Advertisements

44 thoughts on “Malteser Brownies

1. stephstephxo says:

Will definitely be trying those! Excellent photos and what an awesome idea, maltesers, usually put chocolate chips in. Can’t wait to bake these.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Steph 😃💋

2. Graham says:

Made these recently, but decided to do them as cup cakes, came out brilliantly. I’m not a blogger myself but love reading your blog. Some great tips and advice 👍

3. Graham says:

Absolutely smashed it 👊
    They went in minutes. Used bournville chocolate, which worked really well. Will definitely be getting made again soon, thinking of maybe trying crunchie bites instead of malteasers next time, see how they come out.
    You tried the cupcake version yet?

4. Adam says:

Hi Jessie,

I’m new to baking and have chosen these brownies for my third recipe to try (the first two were choc chip fairy cakes and cookies). I think your site is going to be really helpful as I continue to learn 🙂

One thing I’d like to know is what butter you prefer to use? I’m always unsure when I’m looking at all the choices in the supermarket.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Adam

• jessicamarsden1 says:

Hi Adam, so happy to hear you are enjoying my blog!

Well for cakes I always use Stork (makes the cakes light and fluffy).

For brownies and cookies I always use just regular unsalted butter, I like the Tesco butter.

And for buttercream and frosting I always use Lurpack unsalted butter (it’s lighter in colour, so the frosting is a a bright white rather than a yellower colour)

I hope that helps!

Happy Baking

Jessie

5. Tania says:

I made these last week and have to say they were lush!!! They didn’t last long and went down a treat at work!! Will definitely make these again and might try different things like crunchie, mini eggs and rolos!!

• jessicamarsden1 says:

HI Tania,

So glad you enjoyed them. They are so easy to make but very rewarding. It’s funny you should mention Mini Eggs as I made them for a charity bakesale last wednesday! They were so tasty! Recipe will be on the blog soon

x

6. vigrx fact sheet says:

I don’t comment, but I browsed a few comments here Malteser Brownies
    | JessieCakes. I actually do have 2 questions for you if you tend not to mind.
    Could it be simply me or does it give the impression like a few of the comments look like they
    are coming from brain dead folks? 😛 And, if you
    are posting on additional places, I would like to keep up with
    everything fresh you have to post. Would you make a
    list of every one of all your social community sites
    like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?

• jessicamarsden1 says:

Hi there,

Happy you like the post! Haha, I think I know which comments you are referring too, this is one of my favourite bakes so I was also a little shocked about the comment too.

Yes of course, my facebook account is https://www.facebook.com/jessiecakesbakes where I post all the links to new posts and any new updates.

Also if you haven’t already done so, you can follow my blog and receive email updates of new posts. The follow button is on the blog.

Look out for a new healthy bake up on the blog on Monday!

Jessiecakes

7. Anna says:

Hi these look sooo good! Going to make some tomorrow just wanted to ask one question do you fold in the flour or just mix it?
    Thanks

8. km96 says:

Just found your recipe for malteser brownies so making a batch for our Macmillan coffee morning bake off tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed I win the competition 🍰🍰🍰🍫🍫🍫

9. Rcm says:

Hi Jessie I wanted to make these today for a friends birthday. If I doubled the batch or did a batch and a half in one tray what would the cooking time be?

• jessicamarsden1 says:

Hi there,

So I would up your cooking time to 30-35 minutes. A toothpick inserted into one of the corners should come out clean, whereas a toothpick inserted into the middle should come out slightly covered in mixture.
      Hope this helps 🙂

10. cazzie says:

Hi Jessie, I live making these as does my family and friends. Today I have made them with diam bars in stead of maltesers…..let you know how they turn out.

• jessicamarsden1 says:

Hi Cazzie! So happy you like them, ooooo Diam bars is a great shout, definitely let me know how they turn out. I’d love to see what they look like too! Maybe tag me on Twitter @JessieCakesUk ?

• jessicamarsden1 says:

Hi Tinz,

Apologies for the late reply, I’ve been away on holiday!
      I haven’t tried using brown sugar in these brownies but have used it in Blondies and it added a lovely caramel flavour – let me know if you tried it, would love to know how they turned out!
      🙂

11. Komal says:

Hi
    Your recipie sounds amazing I’m making this tomorrow and was wondering if I double the ingridients and cook them all together will it effect it ?

• jessicamarsden1 says:

Hi Komal,

This recipe can definitely be doubled, however the cooking time will have to be doubled (approx. 40 mins) if you plan to use the same size baking tin.

If you’re using a larger baking tin I would bake for 30 mins.

Hope this helps – happy baking 🙂