They may not look all that amazing, but my oh my these cookies taste immense! If you love peanut butter you will LOVE these cookies. Soft in the middle with a little crunch on the outside. Perfect with a cup of tea.
- 50g soft light brown sugar
- 50g caster sugar
- 50g unsalted butter (soft)
- 1 medium egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200g peanut butter crunchy/smooth
- 100g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 50g milk/dark/white chocolate chips
Pre-Heat the oven to 170 degrees.
1. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
2. Cream together the butter and sugars until mixed. Then add in the egg, vanilla, and peanut butter. Blend until smooth.
3. Add the dry ingredients and chocolate chips and mix well. The batter is now quite thick, you’ll know it’s mixed well when your arm starts to hurt!
4. Using generous rounded tablespoon fulls, place into roughly circular shapes on a baking tray. (You should get 12 exactly)
5. Put into the center of the oven for 10-12 minutes. I do 10 minutes which gives you a slight crunch on the outside and a lovely chewy soft centre. If you prefer a crunchier cookie then cook for a maximum 12 minutes.