This recipe makes 8 chunky slices of super moist banana bread with the addition of strawberries for an extra special twist. Not only is this recipe outrageously delicious but it is also COMPLETELY FAT-FREE and only 95 calories a slice*- HALLELUJAH! That means a guilt-free treat with a cup of tea, honestly what more could you want. Get baking…
*calculated using myfitnesspal and using only the ingredients shown below
- 160g plain flour
- 42g Truvia sweetener (i LOVE this product – a natural calorie-free sweetener made from stevia leafs!)
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 very ripe medium banana
- 44g apple sauce
- 1 egg white – beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150g diced strawberries
- In a large bowl, stir to combine the flour, bicarb, cinnamon and Truvia sugar.
- On a chopping board cut the banana in half, mash one half using a fork and then cut the other half into slices.
- Add the mashed banana to the bowl and stir. Now add in the apple sauce, beaten egg white & vanilla extract. Stir the mixture until just combined (the mixture will be very thick).
- Now fold in the strawberries and sliced banana’s and transfer mixture to a loaf tin.
(I tend to use silicone bake-ware because greasing/lining isn’t needed. However if your using a regular loaf tin remember to grease the tin using non-stick cooking spray or grease-proof paper)
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes, until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Leave to cool, then slice and enjoy!